2009-02-09

Contact merger

I don't know when it happened but at long last, there finally exists a means of simply merging the many different contact listings for the same person (as people rotate email addresses and whatnot). It's a killer feature that I've always desired but have never seen in any contact manager I've used. I've posted to group boards on this topic before. This problem came to the forefront when using webmail accounts like Yahoo and Google that typically added contacts based on incoming or outgoing emails. Hence multiple contacts for the same person were created. Finally Google's contact manager has a way of merging the many versions into a single contact. The lack of that feature (and the fact that there were just so many contacts, most of which I don't need to have synced) caused me to manually create a small set of contacts using a different application. I now have some incentive to keep clean up my contact list in Google and perhaps even use their new Google Sync.

No comments: