2011-04-07

Paying rent for my characters

This is utterly ludicrous.  I haven't played WoW in at least 4 months and before that only once in a long while. The did in fact log in in January to discover that my account was hacked and my main characters stripped of their possessions.  In fact one was moved to another server.  Must have been one of those free-transfer to empty server jobs as I don't imagine someone paying to move it.  Terrible.  But at least my characters were restored.  But does that matter? I'm essentially paying $15/mo to keep my chars alive.  I'm not going to have time to play for the foreseeable future due to new family and baby on the way.  Alas, $15 is just under the threshold of too small to register as a significant dent in my lifestyle, unlike say cable, internet, mobile phone etc.  Yet it is one of those things that is nickel-and-dime-ing me and of all the things I could eliminate to save a little here and there, this is an obvious candidate.  And still, I just can't seem to get myself to close the account.

No comments: